23 hours 3 min. (22 CDs / MP3)
In this exciting audio set, Dr. Brant Pitre takes you on an in-depth exploration of the person who stands at the heart of Christianity: Jesus Christ. Drawing on his graduate level Christology lectures and his knowledge of Scripture and official Church teaching, this course answers essential theological questions such as:
- Who wrote the four Gospels? Are they historically reliable? What is the Church’s official teaching on this question?
- What does the Catholic Church teach about Creation and the Fall? Why is it so important to Christology?
- What is the Christology of the Old Testament? How are the prophecies of the Old Testament fulfilled in Christ?
- What are the four main reasons God became Incarnate?
- What do the Christological Councils teach us about the person of Christ?
- Did Jesus know he was the Messiah? Did he know he was divine? What is the biblical evidence? Why have many modern scholars doubted his Messiahship and Divinity?
- What did Jesus mean by “The Kingdom of God”?
- How did the death of Christ effect our Redemption? Why was it necessary?
- What is the meaning of the Resurrection and Ascension of Jesus?
In addition to these key issues, Dr. Pitre will present detailed study of major episodes from the life of Christ. You will see the mysteries of Jesus’ Baptism, Temptation, Transfiguration, and Crucifixion like you have never seen them before.