19 hours 53 min. (17 CDs / MP3)
Who was Saint Paul really? What did he teach? Why is he called “The Apostle” when he wasn’t even a disciple of Jesus?
In this information-packed audio Bible Study, Dr. Brant Pitre cracks open the mysteries of Saint Paul’s letters and helps you to understand him. Drawing on his graduate-level lectures, Dr. Pitre takes you step-by-step through the central mysteries of Pauline theology, such as:
- The Mystery of His Conversion: Who was Saint Paul? What was his life like before his conversion to Christianity? What really happened on the Road to Damascus?
- The Mystery of the End of Time: What did Paul teach about the Second Coming of Christ, the Resurrection, and the End of Time? And why is the New Creation the key to understanding him?
- The Mystery of the Human Body: What was Saint Paul’s “Theology of the Body”? What did he teach about sexuality? How can we understand his teachings about women in the Church?
- The Mystery of the Law: What did Saint Paul mean when he said that we are justified by “faith” and not by “works of the Law”? Was he really the first “Protestant” theologian? Did Paul teach “faith alone”?
- The Mystery of the Angels: Holy angels and fallen angels are a reality. But how much do we really know about them? Dr. Pitre’s lectures on Paul’s teaching about the Angels is perhaps the highlight of this set.
- The Mystery of Redemption: What was Paul’s view of the origin and nature of Sin? Why does sin enslave us? And how does the death of Christ bring us redemption?
As anyone who has read the Bible knows, the writings of Saint Paul are some of the most amazing—and the most difficult—in all the New Testament. Even Saint Peter himself said that there are some things in Paul’s letters that are “hard to understand”! (2 Pet 3:16). In this Bible Study, Dr. Pitre will give you the keys to understanding the heart of the greatest evangelist and theologian in Church history: the apostle Paul.